May 11, 2018, 4:30PM to 8PM
To celebrate diverse cultures!
Cultural Booths 4:30PM to 6PM
Visit cultural booths from many countries, wear your traditional clothing to the event. Kids will receive a “passport” as they travel around the world. Deadline to sign-up to host a booth is April 23. Sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/NixonBooths
International buffet 5PM to 6:30PM, features tasty international cuisine contributed by Nixon families and PTA:
- Advance purchase buffet ticket, $5/person. Purchase tickets by May 8 and be part of the Global Raffle. Winners will be announced during the Entertainment. Prizes include t-shirts, games, gift certificates, and more!
- At-the-door buffet ticket, $6/person
Families are encouraged to bring a dish from their homeland to share. Sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/NixonPotluck
Entertainment 6:30PM to 7:30/8PM. Enjoy multicultural music and dance performed by our very own Nixon kids. Deadline to sign-up for a performance slot is April 30. Sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/NixonPerformances
Families are welcome to bring a blanket and sit on the grass to watch the show.
Interested to volunteer? Contact: Tami, Tania, Kimiko.
All sign-up forms available in school office.
>> Friday, April 20, 5:30-7:30PM <<
Nixon Family Science Night is right around the corner… please plan to come and support your Nixon student scientists! In addition to students’ projects, there will be exhibits from Gunn Robotics and Science Alliance. Remember, Family Science Night is not a competition, but a time to share and celebrate science with family and friends!
Young scientists: It’s time to create and investigate! Register by Friday, March 23rd to ensure delivery of your poster board to your classroom before Spring Break.
1. Sign up and donate $5 for poster board online
2. Complete the paper registration sent out in Friday Folders (extras available at the main office) and turn in registration and $5 (cash or check to “Nixon PTA”) to Becky at the main office.
For scholarships, please complete paper registration and turn in to Becky at the main office.
Need ideas? Check out these resources:
For more information about doing your project and preparing your poster:
If you have questions, or would like to help with Family Science Night, please contact Jeanne, Elizabeth, Devi, or Juliet.
See you at Science Night!
Please join PAUSD in welcoming
Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Angela Alvarado
For an Informative Evening with PAUSD Parents Topics will include:
- How Our Kids Communicate
- Our Kids as Publishers on the Internet
- Digital Reputation
- Online Bullying, Sexting and Criminal Activity
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Palo Alto High School Haymarket Theater
50 Embarcadero Road Palo Alto
Event is FREE; Parents Only Please
Please contact Emily Garrison with questions
Spanish and Mandarin translation available
Click here for event flyer