May 11, 2018, 4:30 PM to 8PM
To celebrate diverse cultures!
Cultural Booths (4:30pm-6:00pm)
- Wear your traditional clothing and visit the booths from 20+ countries
- Kids will receive a “passport” to travel world
- Completed passports are included in the Global Raffle for prizes!
- Raffle winners are announced during the Entertainment
- Need Booth Volunteers. Sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/NixonBooths
International buffet 5PM to 6:30PM
- International Food Trucks will be on-site from 5-7pm for food purchase.
- Pizza, Cookie and Drinks will be available for purchase; hosted by the 4th Grade!
- International Sampler foods will be shared at the cultural booths. This will be no charge and on a first-come-first serve basis. Cultural booths will only provide samples of their cuisine.
- The International Buffet has been removed from the event and incorporated into the Cultural Booths.
- Any family who purchased advance buffet tickets will be refunded. We will continue to include those families in the the Global Raffle.
- Need Volunteers. Sign-up: https://tinyurl.com/NixonPotluck
Cultural Performances (6:30pm-8:00pm)
Any questions, please contact Tami or Tania. Thank you!
This year’s theme is “Children of The World.” Dress to support the theme or wear your Nixon T-shirts! Families and pets on leashes are welcome.
Nixon’s starting point will be on Emerson St, between University Ave and Lytton Ave. Please arrive by 9:45 AM so we can get organized. We will begin to march at 10 AM and end by 10:20 AM.
Parade route starts at the corner of Emerson St and University Ave. From University Ave the parade will turn right into Waverley St and end at Heritage Park.
>> Friday, April 20, 5:30-7:30PM <<
Nixon Family Science Night is right around the corner… please plan to come and support your Nixon student scientists! In addition to students’ projects, there will be exhibits from Gunn Robotics and Science Alliance. Remember, Family Science Night is not a competition, but a time to share and celebrate science with family and friends!
Young scientists: It’s time to create and investigate! Register by Friday, March 23rd to ensure delivery of your poster board to your classroom before Spring Break.
1. Sign up and donate $5 for poster board online
2. Complete the paper registration sent out in Friday Folders (extras available at the main office) and turn in registration and $5 (cash or check to “Nixon PTA”) to Becky at the main office.
For scholarships, please complete paper registration and turn in to Becky at the main office.
Need ideas? Check out these resources:
For more information about doing your project and preparing your poster:
If you have questions, or would like to help with Family Science Night, please contact Jeanne, Elizabeth, Devi, or Juliet.
See you at Science Night!