>> Friday, April 20, 5:30-7:30PM <<
Nixon Family Science Night is right around the corner… please plan to come and support your Nixon student scientists! In addition to students’ projects, there will be exhibits from Gunn Robotics and Science Alliance. Remember, Family Science Night is not a competition, but a time to share and celebrate science with family and friends!
Young scientists: It’s time to create and investigate! Register by Friday, March 23rd to ensure delivery of your poster board to your classroom before Spring Break.
1. Sign up and donate $5 for poster board online
2. Complete the paper registration sent out in Friday Folders (extras available at the main office) and turn in registration and $5 (cash or check to “Nixon PTA”) to Becky at the main office.
For scholarships, please complete paper registration and turn in to Becky at the main office.
Need ideas? Check out these resources:
For more information about doing your project and preparing your poster:
If you have questions, or would like to help with Family Science Night, please contact Jeanne, Elizabeth, Devi, or Juliet.
See you at Science Night!
Please join PAUSD in welcoming
Santa Clara County Deputy District Attorney Angela Alvarado
For an Informative Evening with PAUSD Parents Topics will include:
- How Our Kids Communicate
- Our Kids as Publishers on the Internet
- Digital Reputation
- Online Bullying, Sexting and Criminal Activity
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Palo Alto High School Haymarket Theater
50 Embarcadero Road Palo Alto
Event is FREE; Parents Only Please
Please contact Emily Garrison with questions
Spanish and Mandarin translation available
Click here for event flyer
Join us for Nixon’s
first Art Night!
Friday, March 23rd
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
At the theater
Art Night will feature original art from Nixon students, interactive art stations and activities, and pizza for sale!
- Original student artwork in any media can be submitted to the Art Show. This year’s theme is “Characters.” Who are your favorite characters from books, TV, movies, etc?
- Original student artwork of any theme can also be submitted to the Art Night Gallery (your choice, be creative!).
**All artwork submissions are due to the Office by March 16, and will be on display in the Library after Art Night.
Volunteers are needed to make this night a success! No previous art experience/talent required! Please volunteer to help – Member Secure Sign-up or Guest Sign-up (no login required), or contact Katrina or Aude.